On Borrowed Time
Affinity Specialist – The light of the Affinity Gods flows through you! Use your powers to sway the battle.
Rarity: Very Rare
Chosen by the Affinity Gods?
A callback to an ancient, greater power?
A hero, whos spirit shines with palpable might?
Or something else entirely?
Either way, there really aren’t people like this – it’s more stories. Stories people have read about those who have a brilliant light shining in and through them. Who have strange powers – not magical, not psionic. Just something. What is it? Well, nobody’s really sure.
Some stories have them raise their spears to the heavens – give a loud cry, as they are empowered by raw affinity. What this does is up in the air – it does… does things. Makes them hard to hit. Magic rolls off them. Weapons roll off them. Sometimes element flow off them. Some times it flows off people who are standing near them for no reason. When they’re severely hurt, sometimes fate works for them.
Or something. Really, nobody knows how these units work.
…And everyone’s pretty sure they don’t actually exist anyway.
Affinity Specialist abilities cost affinity. You gain affinity by attacking an enemy, or out of combat one every minute. The max affinity you can have is 3 at any one time, and you can only obtain one per turn. Affinity Specialists gain all the below abilities.
(This part is tentative and may change:) You do not have to successfully hit the enemy to gain affinity, you just have to make the attack.
Empower Self: (0 Affinity) Gain a variety of defensive boosts.
- This ability is a standard action to activate and lasts for 10 rounds (1 minute).
- Regardless of the selections, you also glow like a torch upon using this ability.
- At level 5, the glow counts as true sunlight.
- At level 10, the ability also grants the user 20% concealment.
- Select 1 (And an additional 1 per 3 levels) from the below. You cannot select the same option twice.
- Gain one Affinity
- Regular AC increases by 3
- Touch AC & Flat-Footed AC increases by 3 (To a max of your AC)
- Fortitude Save increases by 3
- Reflex Save increases by 3
- Will Save increases by 3
Energy Blast: (3 affinity) A pillar of light heals friends and damages foes
- This effect is a standard action and extends for a 20ft line
- Vertically it goes hundreds of feet up.
- The Effect is leveld6
- Allies within range heal that number, enemies take that number of damage.
- Save DC (Will half) is 10 plus 1/2 character level plus chamod
- Undead and Evil Outsiders take an extra 50% damage
Energy Resistance: (0 Affinity) A minor resistance to energy.
- You passively have resistance to fire, cold, electricity, acid, or sonic.
- You can change which element as a standard action.
- The resistance starts at 5, and you get an additional plus 5 per 5 levels.
- (5 at 1-4, 10 at 5-9, 15 at 10-14, 20 at 15-19)
- For the cost of 1 Affinity, you can give the resistance to an ally within close range.
- This lasts until you end the effect (A free action on your turn, even if unconscious)
- There is no range limit once you’ve granted it.
- You lose the resistance when you give it to an ally.
Cleansing Light: (1 affinity) removes debuffs in one ally
- This ability is touch-ranged
- Removes all of the following: Blinded, Confused, Cowering, Dazed, Dazzled, Exhausted, Fascinated, Fatigued, Flat-Footed, Frightened, Nauseated, Panicked, Paralyzed, Shaken,Sickened, Stunned, and Immobilized.
Inner Light: (0 Affinity) When the going gets tough…
- Self-Removes the following statii: Blinded, Confused, Cowering, Dazed, Dazzled, Exhausted, Fascinated, Fatigued, Flat-Footed, Frightened, Nauseated, Panicked, Paralyzed, Shaken,Sickened, Stunned, and Immobilized.
- Your AC & Saves increase by 3 (including touch AC and flat-footed AC)
- When you fall into this state, gain 10 temporary HP
- If at the end of your turn you did not gain an affinity this turn, gain one affinity
- This ability activates automatically when you are below 1/5th of your max HP, and cannot be otherwise activated.